Mental Health Liaison
- Coordinating school-based mental health services across all tiers of the Multi-Tiered System of Supports (MTSS) framework
- Providing direct services with students, such as individual and group counseling
- Participating in problem solving meetings for students at-risk for mental health challenges
- Collaborating with district and school-based mental health professionals in the problem solving process in regards to mental health/wellness
- Working with Lifestream and other community agencies to provide wraparound services to students when a higher level of care is needed
- Providing school level professional development regarding mental wellness and interventions
- Coordinating crisis intervention and prevention for the school community
- Building bridges with families and community agencies to build relationships and make connections to resources
- Providing outreach to parents and community members regarding mental wellness and protective factors
- Developing, implementing and monitoring school procedures, in coordination with school-based leadership, to ensure compliance with district Mental Health Plan
- Gathering data to help identify students in need of help and ensure program effectiveness
Mental Health Liaison
Would you like a moment to relax? Please visit Ms. Carter's Virtual Breakroom to find your Zen.
Hello, my name is Ms. Shannon Carter and I am the Mental Health Liaison for Leesburg Elementary School. I am here to help the students of Leesburg Elementary identify and cope with any issues they may be experiencing in a healthy way.
Here are some of the skills and assistance I can help with:
- Practicing stress relief techniques
- Teaching deep breathing and relaxation skills
- Learning character building skills
- Resolving conflicts with a positive approach
- Expressing emotional feelings in a healthy manner
My goal is to work with the students in discovering new and more positive ways to solve problems in their school environment, their social life and their home life. I look forward to meetings students and families. Please reach out to me at CarterS3@lake.k12.fl.us or at Google Classroom code mmdxave.